Report authors can use the Compensation Package to analyze University Compensation data for all workers, by primary or secondary jobs, and by their compensation plans/grades/compensation types. They can also utilize worker biographic and demographic fields for further compensation analysis.
There are two sections to this package: “Compensation (Current)” and “Compensation (Historical Changes)”. The Current section will provide the report author with the current compensation status of the workers. To report on the history of a worker’s Workday compensation records over time, a report author will use the Historical Changes section. For older compensation records prior to Workday Go Live, the legacy HRMS package should be used.
Primary Data Fields
These are a representative set of the overall fields available in the package:
- Compensation Effective Date
- Assignment Effective Date
- Compensation Reason Reference
- Compensation Type
- Compensation Plan
- Compensation Grade
- Compensation Frequency
- Compensation Amount
- Primary/Secondary* Job Indicator
- Employee contact, biographic and demographic data (multiple fields)
Security Dependent Fields
Depending on your assigned security profile, you may not have access to these sets of data:
- Compensation data (multiple fields)
- Employee Military Service data (multiple fields)
- Employee Identification data (multiple fields)
- Employee Biographic and Demographic data (multiple fields)
Cognos Package Layout – High Level Representation
Tips & Tricks
- While aggregating Compensation Amount across Workers, it is important to note that Compensation Type (“Salary or Hourly”, “Allowance Plan”) and Compensation Frequency (“Annual”, “Hourly”, “Bi-weekly”) makes a difference.