Tableau is impacted by the recent Apache Log4j vulnerability. The Tableau SalesForce team is working to resolve the issue, which has impacted many application vendors across the globe.
In order to address this potential security vulnerability Washington University Information Technology will require individuals attempting to utilize Tableau from an off-campus location to connect via VPN prior to logging into Tableau.
- Tableau dashboards embedded in web pages will be unavailable for those accessing the pages from an off-campus location.
- If you are working from an off-campus location you will need to connect via VPN prior to logging into Tableau
We will retain this security policy until the Tableau SalesForce team has successfully implemented a change to mitigate the potential Apache Log4j security vulnerability.
The Data Governance Office (DGO) is excited to announce a new collaboration and learning opportunity for our Stewardship community. Beginning November 5th the DGO will kick off a segment called, Collibra & Coffee.
Collibra & Coffee is intended to create an engaging forum for dialogue focused on learning more about Collibra, Data Governance, and WashU’s Stewardship practices.
Collibra & Coffee is a weekly office hours format created to support YOU, our Data Stewardship Community. This series will have an informal dynamic agenda to allow ease of questions, dialogue, knowledge sharing, exchanges of business use cases, best practices, performing demos, sharing tips and tricks, and much more!
We look forward to you joining us! Thank you for your continued support and all YOU do for the greater good for Data at WashU.
Questions? Contact the DGO at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Management add-on allows for automated scheduling of Prep flows on the Server. Once scheduled, the flows will populate without the need for a manual refresh from the author’s desktop.
If you experience any technical difficulties after the upgrade, please contact email@example.com.
With the help and support of the RMS user community, Data Management was able to accomplish the following:
- Successful kickoff and execution of User Acceptance Testing (June 16th – July 15th)
- Refactored RMS Data Mart cutover (July 16th – July 19th)
What does this mean for the Data Warehouse?
The newly refactored RMS data marts transitioned from an on-campus server data warehouse to a cloud-based data warehouse hosted in Microsoft’s Azure environment and administered by the Data Warehouse team.
What does this mean for Cognos?
- The packages in Cognos were updated to reflect the changes made as part of the transition to a cloud-based data warehouse, including being updated to the new dynamic query mode (DQM). DQM packages have improved interactive query performance for all users in Cognos.
- The packages and IT-managed reports in Cognos were updated to account for the new data fields introduced to RMS as part of the new integration with Workday (e.g., Cost Center Hierarchy Rollup).
How do these changes impact users?
- Users will be required to sign into Cognos with their WUSTLKey Email (including the ‘@wustl.edu’), rather than their WUSTLKey username. This change was previously communicated to all Cognos users.
- IT managed reports have been updated with the new packages and data fields. The list of IT managed research reports can be found on the newly updated Data Management website.
- Report Authors that have built reports off of the pre-Workday RMS packages will need to copy their reports and replace the package with the newly refactored versions of these RMS Pre Award and COI packages. Instructions on these changes and recommendations on field replacements can be found on the newly updated Data Management website.
RMS transition to operate and support:
If any issues arise, the RMS user community can use the current ServiceNow process by emailing the distribution list at firstname.lastname@example.org. The mailbox will create a ServiceNow incident and assign it directly to the Data Warehouse support assignment group. Please provide as much detail as possible on your issues when you submit (e.g., report name/location, exact error details, screenshots, etc.).
More news coming soon!