The university WebFocus reporting servers will be taken offline on November 15, 2022.
- As of July 2021, HRMS and AIS data in WebFocus was no longer being updated
- As of November 2021, SIS and SFS STAR in WebFocus was no longer being updated
- If you need to preserve your Legacy WebFocus reports, we encourage you to save them as PDFs and/or Excel files as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact the Data Management support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data management team has developed an ‘Other Support – NIH Format’ report in the new NIH format using data in the RMS datamart. Click the button below to see details about this report.
Current (Workday) Awards data is now available in the Data Warehouse and the new Awards package has been released in Cognos. You can find the Cognos package under Team Content > Packages > Financial Reporting Packages > Workday Financial Packages. Learn more about the new Awards package here.
Following is a list of enhancements that are now available:
Web Authoring Improvements:
- You can now create, edit, and rename published data sources on Server with no need to republish data sources from Desktop. Modified data sources automatically propagate throughout all content types that use it, and you can see your changes automatically indexed in the catalog.
- You can now copy & paste in dashboards. This feature will allow you to easily copy and duplicate images, text, boxes, and web page containers within the same and across different dashboards.
- New workbook formatting enhancements allow you to choose from a variety of number and data formatting options for Parameters.
- Easily format numbers to display negative values and localize currency with the proper symbol and value
- Use any common date and time format for date fields, or quickly customize them according to your company’s standards
Inherited descriptions now appear in the fields list on lineage pages:
If a field in the source has a description already associated with it, Tableau will pull that description in (for example, if a DW field has a description the same description will be pulled into Tableau). Information about where the description is inherited from is also included.
Easily create Prep flows based on external assets:
Now you can use databases and tables as starting points for new flows in Prep web authoring.
The Office of Data Governance has classified Compensation data in the data warehouse as sensitive, and so access to the Compensation data for reporting/analytics has been restricted at the data consumers’ own school level. Access is granted by request only.
Access to Compensation data is requested using the School Compensation access request form. Approval from the appropriate department supervisor and data administrator for this domain is required. The domain approver for compensation data is CHRO – Legail Chandler. Once completed, the signed form should be submitted to the Data Management service team, which will then grant the appropriate access.
The Data Governance Office (DGO) is excited to announce a new collaboration and learning opportunity for our Stewardship community. Beginning November 5th the DGO will kick off a segment called, Collibra & Coffee.
Collibra & Coffee is intended to create an engaging forum for dialogue focused on learning more about Collibra, Data Governance, and WashU’s Stewardship practices.
Collibra & Coffee is a weekly office hours format created to support YOU, our Data Stewardship Community. This series will have an informal dynamic agenda to allow ease of questions, dialogue, knowledge sharing, exchanges of business use cases, best practices, performing demos, sharing tips and tricks, and much more!
We look forward to you joining us! Thank you for your continued support and all YOU do for the greater good for Data at WashU.
Questions? Contact the DGO at: email@example.com
The Data Management add-on allows for automated scheduling of Prep flows on the Server. Once scheduled, the flows will populate without the need for a manual refresh from the author’s desktop.
If you experience any technical difficulties after the upgrade, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the help and support of the RMS user community, Data Management was able to accomplish the following:
- Successful kickoff and execution of User Acceptance Testing (June 16th – July 15th)
- Refactored RMS Data Mart cutover (July 16th – July 19th)
What does this mean for the Data Warehouse?
The newly refactored RMS data marts transitioned from an on-campus server data warehouse to a cloud-based data warehouse hosted in Microsoft’s Azure environment and administered by the Data Warehouse team.
What does this mean for Cognos?
- The packages in Cognos were updated to reflect the changes made as part of the transition to a cloud-based data warehouse, including being updated to the new dynamic query mode (DQM). DQM packages have improved interactive query performance for all users in Cognos.
- The packages and IT-managed reports in Cognos were updated to account for the new data fields introduced to RMS as part of the new integration with Workday (e.g., Cost Center Hierarchy Rollup).
How do these changes impact users?
- Users will be required to sign into Cognos with their WUSTLKey Email (including the ‘@wustl.edu’), rather than their WUSTLKey username. This change was previously communicated to all Cognos users.
- IT managed reports have been updated with the new packages and data fields. The list of IT managed research reports can be found on the newly updated Data Management website.
- Report Authors that have built reports off of the pre-Workday RMS packages will need to copy their reports and replace the package with the newly refactored versions of these RMS Pre Award and COI packages. Instructions on these changes and recommendations on field replacements can be found on the newly updated Data Management website.
RMS transition to operate and support:
If any issues arise, the RMS user community can use the current ServiceNow process by emailing the distribution list at email@example.com. The mailbox will create a ServiceNow incident and assign it directly to the Data Warehouse support assignment group. Please provide as much detail as possible on your issues when you submit (e.g., report name/location, exact error details, screenshots, etc.).
More news coming soon!