Washington University’s Data Governance Program supports a robust, innovative, shared decision-making framework by leveraging our people, processes and technology to effectively and properly manage our data as a strategic asset.
Our Strategic Vision
- We will strive for excellence in data accuracy, data consistency, and data integrity through stewardship, enabling better decisions through data confidence.
- We will hold data policies, procedures, standards, intake processes and promote best practices to enhance collaboration and cohesiveness in delivering best in class institutional data.
- We will focus with great intentionality towards foundational governance program pillars to deliver profound business value in our data artifacts across the institution.
- We will consistently monitor and measure the outputs of our program through key metrics/KPI’s, and most importantly the health of our data that runs our institutional processes.
- We will leverage executive sponsorship, the broader data stewardship structure and the data governance office spanning across our 10 data domains to lead by example to achieve a sustainable data and analytical driven culture.
Our Guiding Principles
- Transparency – “data decision making”
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Change Adoption – “data governance means change”
- Partnership & Collaboration